Thursday, August 22, 2013

Seeking Suggestions For "Nudging" Text Messages To Help Students

I am seeking text message suggestions to "nudge" high school students into the following three actions:

• Set a savings goal
• Open or add to your savings account to achieve your goal
• Contribute regularly to your savings account, ideally with a direct deposit

I am beginning the second round of a project I initiated last semester with great success. This time the project will be a national level collaborative effort (more to come later). Students will receive these text messages in conjunction with personal finance classes. 

Your input is welcome and desired. Keep in mind the messages must be 140 characters or less.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brian, how can I reach you to talk further about your nudging project here. I am a personal finance teacher in Michigan and am interested in finding more out about this to possibly join you.

    ReplyDelete